account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

CK13i keypad lock...help

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

CK13i keypad lock...help

Is there a way to lock the keypad without having to go into the settings menu.  The space bar on the keypad has the lock symbol the same as my old sony erricson phone but does not lock when I press it.  Also...when I go into the settings menu to lock it it doesn't lock.  Very confused!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: CK13i keypad lock...help

You should be able to activate the key lock by long pressing space in stand-by mode. If not try to run a reinstall of the phone software via Update Service.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/txt?cc=gb&lc=en

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

You should be able to activate the key lock by long pressing space in stand-by mode. If not try to run a reinstall of the phone software via Update Service.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/txt?cc=gb&lc=en

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Many thanks, I've just done that and its working nowSlightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thats great news. Hope everything continues to work as it should. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I've had to reload the software several times now as it seams every time I change a setting, switch off/on, add a ringtone, connect to the pc my phone loses the keylock setting..

I've followed the install to the letter and i've only had the phone 10 days! any ideas why?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Mines not too bad now.  I ended up getting a new sim card after reloading the software it's only lost the auto lock thing a couple of times since.  If i turn the phone off and turn it back on again it seems to work ok.  I've connected it to my pc to transfer photos and that's been ok but I haven't added ringtones or music etc... Sorry I can't be more help. Hope you find a solution.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hiya, I just read the message on my emails, not sure if it's relevant but I'm also with Virgin...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Help, I have same problem, I followed the advice and downloaded upgrade yesterday.  Keylock worked fine.  Then I turned my phone off overnight, turned back on and - keylock function has evaporated! 

Tried turning phone on and off without success.  Surely I don't have to run an update every day in order to make this work?!  

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have the same problem the keyboard lock did not work out of the box. I used the updater to down load latest software version. The keyboard would then lock but if you turn the phone off the keyboard lock does not work. I have sent the phone to both Sony erricson's and Tesco's repair centres but the problem has not been resolved. Both have returned the phone saying the phone has been repaired. It has not. I really regret buying this model!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I seemed to be reloading the software every day! I bought my phone in the Virgin shop, so I took it back as they had a 14 day no quibble exchange policy.. (Call Centre people didn't seem to know anything about faults with them though) They didn't have any phones the same in stock and to be honest I was quite glad as I didn't want to go through the same rigmarole again. I paid the difference and got a Blackberry Curve instead. No problems with that so I think it has to be a fault with this model of phone...

I know that doesn't help fix the problem, but if it's under guarantee and faulty, change it for another model.. not fit for purpose etc..