account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

poor battery life on xperia sola

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 81 of 96
Message 81 of 96

Re: poor battery life on xperia sola

my xperia sola battery only lasts for 5 to 6 hours only i tried upgrading andriod via Sony companion pc but problem was not solved then I also downgrade andriod but still nothing happened also worst consumer of battery is android os which consumes up to 50% can anybody guide me what to do next??????
Message 82 of 96
Message 82 of 96

Are you using battery savers or task killers?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 83 of 96
Message 83 of 96

I have a Xperia Sola and also experience the battery drain quickly problem. The problem of my Xperia Sola is that the battery precentage drop quickly from 80% to 69% in 30 minutes. In that period, no wifi, no bluetooth, screen is off, no call making. It is weird. Anyone can help? Is this a problem on Android 4.0.4? How to make the battery last longer?

Message 84 of 96
Message 84 of 96

You need to remove any battery savers,task killers that you have.Also,restart the phone regularly.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 85 of 96
Message 85 of 96

I have no battery saver, live wallpaper, task killer installed in my Xperia Sola.
It is annoying that the battery voltage drops suddenly. I got no ideas to solve the problem.

Will Sony solve this problem completely as I check that many user have the same problem?

Message 86 of 96
Message 86 of 96

I do not know what to say,sola will not receive any more updates.I suggest you try a software repair via SUS:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

If it does not help,visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Apprentice
Message 87 of 96
Message 87 of 96

I've already tried the software repair via SUS but it is no use to solve the problem. 

The problem is annoying as it is not consistent. The battery drops 10% in 30 minutes( unacceptable). Or sometimes, the battery drops only 10% in 5 hours( acceptable). I charge my phone to 96% during the night time and use it in the day time. The battery drops few ten % in few hours. How come I can use the phone for one day( ~12 hours) even the phone is in standby mode(wifi OFF, 3G OFF, no making call, no live wallpaper, brightness with lowest setting, BREVIA engine OFF)?

I ALSO do not know what to say as sola will not receive any more updates.

Message 88 of 96
Message 88 of 96

Maybe this is all related to hardware(battery).Visit a sony service and see what they say:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Apprentice
Message 89 of 96
Message 89 of 96

Disappointed for receiving such a solution!!!

Message 90 of 96
Message 90 of 96

I am sorry,it is the best you can do.