account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

poor battery life on xperia sola

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 61 of 96
Message 61 of 96

Re: poor battery life on xperia sola

184 update seems to have improved the battery life to a certain extent with a little bit of wierdness.

Yes, that's exactly how it feels to me.

One time poster
Message 62 of 96
Message 62 of 96

screenshot_2012-08-30_2219[1].png

screenshot_2012-08-31_2027[1].png

I use my phone keeping the brightness to minimum the battery works ok on 2g connection but when i switch to 3g the battery loss is almost 1% every 2 mins.. i've only installed whatsapp and didn't even login to fb or twitter with my phone yet.

Is this normal? Nad plus the the three buttons on the bottom of the screen light up only after awhile after unlocking the phone  .
I've removed the memmory card and I have .182 update..

One time poster
Message 63 of 96
Message 63 of 96

It shouldn't drain that quickly. Try updating to the .184 firmware

Learner
Message 64 of 96
Message 64 of 96

I have the same issue with my Sola. I bought the phone 3 weeks before. At the beggining, I really satisfied with its battery life. It was spending %1-2 of its battery when the airplane mode was on. However, last 4 days its battery is flying. Although the airplane mode is on, it spends %10 of its battery. I can't use my phone efficiently. Even though, I use restricted application for limited times like 5 minutes wireless on, the battery doesn't last even a day. Is it a really serious problem or is it normal for Sola? If it is normal, I will be disappointed. If it is not, what should I do?

Visitor
Message 65 of 96
Message 65 of 96

10% in how long ?

Did you update ? Added an application ?

Learner
Message 66 of 96
Message 66 of 96

in 7 or 8 hours.. but it has the same duration with the previous ratio given (%1-2 spending).

I haven't updated my phone yet. Yes, I have added some applications which have at most 40mb size.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 67 of 96
Message 67 of 96

I think this is not normal. I can"t do anything with my phone. No call, no sync no no... What should I do? Charge full and leave on the desk until the next charging and so on??

One time poster
Message 68 of 96
Message 68 of 96

Try doing a complete factory reset then do a update+factory reset then use the phone drain it completely
then install Battery caliberator from Play store.. charge it 100% straight.. open the battery calib app..immideatly after removing the charger press caliberat button ... this should solve your issue.... it's worth a try i'm on ICS build .54. it drains 8% in 6 hours and 2-3% in extended standby mode in 6 hrs

One time poster
Message 69 of 96
Message 69 of 96

guys i have problem here i charged my sola from 1% to 100% i unplug the charger and i didnt touch it but in 1 hour it says battery 1% why???? i didnt touch it and i have only 2g on all the others is off i have that phone only 2 months  :/

One time poster
Message 70 of 96
Message 70 of 96

Confirm problem with poor battery life after update to b.1.54 (last ver. for my country). It's like take phone from charge, listen 3-4 songs through headphones, and battery status set to 65%.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Sony, please fix this soon.