account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Waze crashes due to G-Sensor?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Waze crashes due to G-Sensor?

Everytime when I try to use the navigation app Waze, Waze crashes.

Normally crashes Waze when I rotate the phone (going from portrait to landscape). It also crashes if I leave the programme via the home-button, if I for instance have forgotten to switch on the GPS. The programme also crashes if I receive a incoming phone call.

Anyone else with a Sony Xperia Sola with these problems or is it only my handset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Waze crashes due to G-Sensor?

Thanks for the info. I will let our developers know but I don't think there will be any changes made from our side just for the sake of one application.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

This sounds more related to the navigation application on the handset, have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I reinstalled the app, but the problem still persist. After the reinstall can I rotate the phone more times before it hangs (3-5 turns). Also installed it on a Samsung Galaxy Mini (about 1,5 years older handset with much weake CPU) and on that one could I rotate the phone for over a minute. Could probably continue longer, but I got tired.

I posted the same question on the Waze forum & a member did have the same problem on Xperia T & U
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26004

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the info. I will let our developers know but I don't think there will be any changes made from our side just for the sake of one application.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

For informations seems the problem have been solved with the ICS update. Haven't used it for driving yet, so I don't know how it reacts when receiving phone calls, but I can sit and rotate it without any problem.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Waze keep crashing on you? I have your solution... the Trapster app!