account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia Sola - Touchscreen problems

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 21 of 31
Message 21 of 31

Re: Sony Xperia Sola - Touchscreen problems

Well, I am honestly disappointed of Sony. You didn't manage to fix the phone within a period of all together 11 weeks in support!

Thats a shame!

At least, I received the full amount of money back.

But Sony, who's gonna pay me the 3 months in which I've paid for my monthly contract, but couldn't use it? Seems as I keep sitting on these costs. Oh well.

I have now decided, to buy a LG Optimus L7 II (P710)

It's the same price as the Sola had and has about the same specs.

For those who think about buying a Sola:

Well, I want to be fair. The Sony Xperia Sola is a nice phone, I liked it and I really hoped to get it back. I would recommend it to you, but, if you have a problem with it, Sony seems not to give a shit about it. Which means, I can recommend you the phone, but not the brand.

My conclusion of this:

Sony? No, Thanks!

This was the first and at the same time the last product from Sony which I've ever bought. Well done! If you keep doing such a [sarcasm]good job[/sarcasm], you don't have to wonder if custumers run away.

Oh, one thing: It's funny how none of the Sony people in this forum ever posted here again, apart from telling me to send it to the service, which I've done multiple times.

Yes, you should really care a lot more.

Too bad.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 22 of 31
Message 22 of 31

Okay. You got the money back.
I'll also suggest to anyone looking to buy SOLA. DON'T BUY IT.

Especially a used one and out of warranty. Because you will spend alot more money to fix it.
The disassembly is not easy. And A professional will sure ask a good money to do that.

My phone is working well, But I do fear about the problem coming back.

And its really bad that SONY has not posted anything here in favour.

Visitor
Message 23 of 31
Message 23 of 31

Got a Sony Xperia Sola too and also have touchscreen problems with no help from Sony. Not again!

Regular
Message 24 of 31
Message 24 of 31

do you expect more from sony ? I dont

In the shops , sony is great , but if you ask a sony-product-user , you'll understand sony products just look great .

I sometimes doubt if my phone is a dual core ?

It works too slow and when it's getting charged , the touchscreen doesn't work at all .

sony software is also powerless , as well as the hardware .

I'd rather buy Nokia ...

One time poster
Message 25 of 31
Message 25 of 31

Same problem I have. I would never buy any Sony mobile in future and would not recommend it to my friends as well. I would also discourage them from buying.

Beyond the touch screen problem, this phone is so slow. Un believably slow.

Also, the quality of service centres is so bad. The list that is published has contact numbers that is not working. Even a Sony shop is unable to direct us to a right place. The toll free call centre gives what is there in website - which is any way not working.

Finally when I reached a authorised sony mobile service centre, I was given a form to fill up the detail and made to wait for 45 minutes - on a Monday mid morning. My God !!!!!. I guess Sony is keeping their service centres busy by producing useless phones and at the same time pricing them heavily

This is my first Sony product and the experience is so bad. (In fact this is my first posting making a complaint - I normally avoid postings. I was pushed by Sony to do this - first ever)

God save Sony

One time poster
Message 26 of 31
Message 26 of 31

his is so disheartening to hear. i never expected i will face such a problem. i usually change phones by choice and not as an option Slightly frowning Face this was my first sony phone and really had high expectations. initially it was superfast, but then after a couple of months it started to slow down like anything. the power plug got damaged coz of reasons unknown with 5 months of purchase. i really liked my sola, but i guess its time to say goodbye to sony. probably will just go for Nexus.Neutral Face

u lost another fan, sony..

Highlighted
Sage
Message 27 of 31
Message 27 of 31

Praise for the design team

Boo for the software team
One time poster
Message 28 of 31
Message 28 of 31

I just fix it!
I downloaded new Android version. Now, everything's ok!

Visitor
Message 29 of 31
Message 29 of 31

Sony - Support Issue (AGAIN) !!!

Hello Sony,

once again I'm here. Last time I have been heavily disappointed by Sony (http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-sola/Sony-Xperia-Sola-Touchscreen-problems/td-p/311325), so this time I am here in name of one of my family members who also has (or had...) the Sony Xperia Sola. Oh well, apparently the WLAN died three weeks ago (RIP), so I've brought it to the shop where it has been bought last year in October.

They (OH WONDER) sent it back to the support station (whatever ...). Today I've asked for it, what's going on. Their reply:

The support center is waiting for an exchange device. W.T.F.?! They are waiting?!?! What kind of support is WAITING! Seriously? You are waiting.... GREAT. I am also waiting for Santa.

So I can wait til 2032 until I get the exchange device which is a for sure a broken one (as last time I received an exchange device from Sony).

Sony people, do you know that I am UPSET!

I've spent a d... lot of money on your devices and yet ALL of them broke and the support I've received was worth a piece of ... whatever.

I am EXCPECTING a reply from one of you Sony workers around here, with an offer concerning this issue, because I do not want to wait until next year to get it back, where the heck do we live? 1900?! For .... sake, then send a similar one back, the Xperia E or whatever, where is the problem?

I tell you: The problem is that these days, especially at Sony, the custumer is not the so said "king" anymore, he's the a...

Simple as that.

Expecting a reply with an offer.

With Upset Regards,

A costumer aka. the a.. who bought something.

Visitor
Message 30 of 31
Message 30 of 31

Re: Sony Xperia Sola

my xperia sola is contiously restarting and i cant turn it now..

i used 10 months but i didnt get this type of problm before pls give me proper solution