account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Should i upgrade to ICS, despite the bugs?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Should i upgrade to ICS, despite the bugs?

Hallo everybody,

Many of the users here have posted that they encountered bugs and some issues with the phone after ICS upgrade.... WiFi issues, lagginess,much worse battery life..... and i am thinking to skip the upgrade to ICS and wait for the first update for it???? so what do you think guys??? Does the upgrade worth it??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Should i upgrade to ICS, despite the bugs?

No, do not upgrade to ICS unless u want to change ur mobile phone or want to ruin ur experience completely. Sony made very beautiful phones with Gingerbread now becos of bugs with ICS upgrade Sony will be at the receiving end, so take my advice buddy..skip the ICS update.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

If you are into gaming (like temple run, dead trigger, frontline commando) - DONT

If you have very cold winters in your country - YES

Wifi gives issues on n brand only. b/g brands work fine. - This can be easily fixed by changing the mode of wifi router.

If you want to show off - Yes

Battery - It has been improved(atleast for me). just keep your sola on extended mode.

Lagginess - Yes, a bit. But that much price seems payable when you get ICS. Don't upgrade if you are into gaming coz they might increase the laginess.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

No, do not upgrade to ICS unless u want to change ur mobile phone or want to ruin ur experience completely. Sony made very beautiful phones with Gingerbread now becos of bugs with ICS upgrade Sony will be at the receiving end, so take my advice buddy..skip the ICS update.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hmm thats a tough question.The ICS is buggy.buggy in the sense that its lags in every 5 second.I means ettings menu,Phone app takes an eternity to open the dialler..Its not stable.But then again the ics sometimes performs really well.but that is hardly.Also the Walkman app,movies and albums,Browser are killer apps.It sos awesome that these things will force u to upgrade.My advice would be to upgrade and then enjoy these apps.Ya iy will lag but thats not the end of the world.U can live with it.Sony will definately release a Firmware update to make the cell a bit faster.For some odd reason i do think that the Processor has been Underclocked,becasue i always see 90 mb free ram and also its a dual core.So that might b d reason.or may b the GPU si undercloked.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

But i don't use the phone for playing music and for the broweser it's not a big deal.... opera is totally fine. But the lagginess is not acceptable for me because i like to play games and i use many apps in the same time so i will probably stay on GB and wait for the next firmware update. Thanks for advice.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

No winter in Egypt is not too cold... and i play games.... many users have posted battery issues so i think you are lucky with it. and for the pros and cons i think i will stay on GB... Thanks