account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Continuous Forcce Close In Experia Sola

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Continuous Forcce Close In Experia Sola

I used my device for the development purpose. So device is often connected with pc.

Suddenly my device generating force close error for inbuilt services and application installed. Each time I scroll menu on the device it generate 4 to 5 force close error for different services.

So I think device infected by virus so I format my device. But after formation of 2 to 3 time my situation does not changed. So I restart my device but now it only shows sony splash screen. Os does not loaded on the device. It restart after sony splash image. So what to do in this situation please someone suggest me?

I have not updgraded my device with ics update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Continuous Forcce Close In Experia Sola

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

To make a repair, start PC Companion without the phone connected, go to Support zone, select software update, click the blue text that says repair phone and follow the instructions from the software.

Note that the phone should not be connected until you get an instruction telling you to connect it turned off with vol- pressed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

It sounds like you need to make a repair of the software in your phone. You can do that using PC Companion. Start PC Companion without the phone connected and go to Support zone -> Software update -> repair.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

But my device does not start enough so that pc companion detect it. So I have no option to repair it.

So please provide some other solution.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

To make a repair, start PC Companion without the phone connected, go to Support zone, select software update, click the blue text that says repair phone and follow the instructions from the software.

Note that the phone should not be connected until you get an instruction telling you to connect it turned off with vol- pressed.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

How about Update Service?

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

It will repair without having to boot into Android UI...

Once you installed,

follow the instructions and tick the box to agree the terms of using...

Select the appropriate phone...

Turn off your phone...

Hold down the Volume Down key as you connect the Off-ed phone to the PC via USB cable...

The phone should light up Green LED,

proceed what Update Service instructs and pick your options...

Regards,

Trubo

PS: I'm back SONY LOL

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Using Update service I got error like sony update engine could not be installed.

Similar like following like suggest

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/52650

Please help me. I am waiting for your answer.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Have you also tried PC Companion as described earlier?
If both PC Companion and Update Service fails, try another PC if possible.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

I got repair my device with sony company service center.

They flash internal device memory and now device work perfectly.

If you suggest me how to flash internal memory then it become useful to me and next time I don't need to go for company service center.

They reply me as good as you.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I want to discuss this thing more.

The same problem occur three or four time with me. So what was the basic reason behind this?

Suddenly all the application and running services start force closing.

I use my device for development purpose so it most of the time connected with pc.

How to reduce this type of problem?

I don't upgraded my device operating system with ics(4.0). Because I hear that perform of the device become poor. And I happy with the performance I get through ginger bread (2.3).