account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Cannot move/copy anything from pc to internal storage.

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Cannot move/copy anything from pc to internal storage.

I updated my xperia sola from 6.0.B.1.564. to 6.0.B.3.184 last night. And this morning when I connected it to my home pc so that I could copy my music to sola. It doesn't work anymore. It worked when I was having the 6.0.B.1.564.

However, I can still copy things from sola to my pc.

Is there some specifc setting I need to apply on my sola?

MY SI number is 1261 6630

And it shows in the settings that Auto connect in MSC is enabled which is by default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Cannot move/copy anything from pc to internal storage.

This is actually weird that even after looking for so many solutions to connect my sola in the storage mode and trying to connect it to pc companion nothing worked.

But all of a sudden today everything's working. Phone connected to pc and shows my internal storage and PC companion also connected to it, even without disconnecting it for once.

The only thing I did was just to install windows media player 11. The problem seems to be some kind of MTP device driver that stops the phone from connecting to the pc. And wmp11 has those exact drivers in the right place that make it work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Could you explain more about what happens when you try to transfer your music to your sola? Do you use drag and drop method or do you sync with some program?

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Firmware 6.0.B.3.184

Pc companion : 2.1 (latest)

When I try to connect my mobile phone to my pc using the pc companion it doesn't move forward after the "detect tab" on pc companion. All it shows that it is installing the mobile phone. I left my phone for complete 1 hr hoping that it would, but no luck.

On the other hand, when I connect my phone to pc (and keep the pc companion closed), my pc detects my phone as a camera device (instead of storage as it should be showing). Now I can see the contents in my mobile and copy them to my pc. But I cannot move/copy anything from my pc to mobile.

It did work earlier, when I was having the .564 firmware and the old pc companion (i guess 2.0). But after the updates, nothing seems to work.

Even after force stopping the Mtpapp and clearing its data and again connecting it to the pc doesn't solve the problem for me.

# I don't use any programs to transfer my music. I just drag and drop them.

Other threads reporting the same problem:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/48931

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/47236

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Perhaps this post could help you.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/273533#273533

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

This is actually weird that even after looking for so many solutions to connect my sola in the storage mode and trying to connect it to pc companion nothing worked.

But all of a sudden today everything's working. Phone connected to pc and shows my internal storage and PC companion also connected to it, even without disconnecting it for once.

The only thing I did was just to install windows media player 11. The problem seems to be some kind of MTP device driver that stops the phone from connecting to the pc. And wmp11 has those exact drivers in the right place that make it work.

View solution in original post