account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony xperia ray stuck on Sony logo....

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony xperia ray stuck on Sony logo....

Hi! I'm using xperia ray.Last week I replaced my display and touch set  to genuine set because ohf touchpad problem.Afterthat I tried to update my phone by using sony pc companion but it wasn't success. It doesn't boot stuck on sony logo. Can anyone  please help me? Sorry for my poor English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Sony xperia ray stuck on Sony logo....

Thanks #uliwooly it solved. I replace my display and touch set and now works fine. Thaks Sony Support forum and #uliwooly.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:smileysmileywink:RemoteGrinning Face with smiling Eyes
11 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@lucky7

Do you get an error with PCC? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

it says cannot complete the update. software doesn't available to your device.

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@lucky7'

have you unlocked the bootloader?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I don't know how to unlock the bootloader. Please can you tell me how to do it?

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@lucky7

You don't have to, I was wondering if you did, you could use flashtool to repair the phone.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi @lucky7,

Welcome to the community.

Updating the phone is not going to help in this situation. You may have to run a full software repair

EDIT: My mistake, the Xperia Ray is no longer supported by the Xperia Companion or PC Companion software. Please follow @uliwooly's advice on this one Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@lucky7

It seems that Flashtool or Xperiafirm is the way to go

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/td-p...

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I downgrade my phone using flashtool but nothing happened my friend . Afterthat it was stuck in sony ericson logo .

Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@lucky7

I'm sorry to hear that, you might want to contact Sony directly >>> Local support