account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problems with led notification on 2.3.4

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Problems with led notification on 2.3.4

Hi

Just got a brand new Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray yesterday and it all worked fine. Today the LED notification doesn't light up when I receive a message and the screen is locked. I have checked though the service menu that  the LED works, and I'm running gingerbread 2.3.4 so the new ICS update shouldn't be the problem. Also the screen doens't light up when locked and receiving a message but I don't know if it's supposed to do that?

How can I solve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems with led notification on 2.3.4

You try to restart the phone?

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

You try to restart the phone?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The LED now works after the second restart tnx, but shouldn't the screen light up as well when I receive a message?

Highlighted
Master
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

no , the screen wil not lit if you receive a message Slightly smiling Face its the way the phone works.

for that , you have to install a 3rd party software. try handcent sms from the playstore. and the phone will work the way you want. set the screen to light up when you receive a message , open the reply box when you receive a message. its really good.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

just go through all the settings.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I think I'll try that, tnx Slightly smiling Face

Demigod
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

You can try SMSAwake be a compact solution for lighting up the screen in SMS delivery.

1. Download the FREE application SMSAwake (size only 8,9k)

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=SMSAwake&c=apps

2. The screen will turn ON the SMS. LED will flash.

3. Set 2-5s as required.

Master
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

keep us updated.