account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Contact birthday

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Contact birthday

How I can input birthday for contact on this smartphone? There are no fields to make it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Contact birthday

Pserg,

Sync your phone contacts to your gmail account (contacts).  Then login to gmail, contacts, you can add birthdays there.  Then open Google Calendar it has ability to add birthdays from Google contacts as an additional calendar item.

Then there is an app on the Play Store called 'Birthdays' (can't give you exact app name as my phone is at Sony to flash back to Gingerbread due to ICS bugs).

Anyway that app will monitor your google calendar birthdays and give you reminder pop ups when they are due on your phone.

Good luck,

Bob H

ST18a  Ray

AT&T

USA

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately there is no section within the Contacts that will allow this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Developers have no relatives and friends and don't congratulate them on birthdays and anniversaries? Something will be made? Very strange, but program of other firms think that this field important and they add it in contacts.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Pserg,

Sync your phone contacts to your gmail account (contacts).  Then login to gmail, contacts, you can add birthdays there.  Then open Google Calendar it has ability to add birthdays from Google contacts as an additional calendar item.

Then there is an app on the Play Store called 'Birthdays' (can't give you exact app name as my phone is at Sony to flash back to Gingerbread due to ICS bugs).

Anyway that app will monitor your google calendar birthdays and give you reminder pop ups when they are due on your phone.

Good luck,

Bob H

ST18a  Ray

AT&T

USA

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, exactly so I also have arrived. There was simply a question to Sony developers. Why they have made exactly so? Still I recommend to them to look at the HTC and Samsung devices which program part is more focused on inquiries of users

I not absolutely accept answers of developers that such we do not have. It would be desirable to hear that is planned to make, that it was