account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

rooting neo v with 4.0.2.A.0.62(gingerbread) firmware...

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: rooting neo v with 4.0.2.A.0.62(gingerbread) firmware...

yes buddy but problem is software update says you have the latest software ....Crying Face

One time poster
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Maybe you can just stay with .42? Unless your phone automatically reboots in .42, there should be no problem.

One time poster
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

hi nabeel..i seriously need ur help...

i rooted my neo v successfully but after it i installed cwm recovery(successfully too) and i installed a .zip from sd card thru cwm but after that my phone is not booting at all..i tried flashing with flashtool with different firmware but flashtool stucks sometimes at 12%,,22% or 44%...what can i do now..help Crying Face

Crying Face

Forum Legend
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Try repairing through pc companion or sus

or see the downgrade method here \

One time poster
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

bro pc companion not recognising my phone..and flashtool get stucks at 23 %...while flashing..help

One time poster
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

thanks mate updated with ICS thru pc companion but now using flashtool i want to downgrade it to gb build .42  but flashtool stucks at 13% ..what could be the problem ??

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

Try using flashtool on other pc or boot pc in safe mode with networking on , turn off firewall and antivirus

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Hi,

I have decided to root my neo v. currenlty running ICS official.

I am following Doomlords method of going back to .42 and then to .62.

After completing the root process, which app should i use from market to uninstall pre-installed apps ?

i have purchased Titanium backup pro ( never got it used though ), will it be sufficient ?

If i will update my phone using PC companion, will my phone get unrooted & restored to ICS rom ??

can i flash cyanogen mod 7.1 the same way using flashtool , you wrote for ICS rom installation ??

Forum Legend
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

Why are you downgrading but ?

yes titanium backup is a great app

aayushjain1987 wrote:

1) If i will update my phone using PC companion, will my phone get unrooted & restored to ICS rom ??

2)can i flash cyanogen mod 7.1 the same way using flashtool , you wrote for ICS rom installation ??

For 1) yes... you will get updated to ICS...

for 2) may or may not be,,,,, You need to check it with the cyanogen thread on XDA....

the process to install it may differ so check it Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

Hi,

i am planning to downgrade, but havent decided yet.

just learning the basics of android Dizzy Face

web browsing has worsened, facebook webpage freezes , and doesnt scrolls easily. { i hv flash installed and tried the web browing on dolphin HD also. not buttery smooth like GB }

contacts and dialer take time.... to open, whats the use of phone without the basic functionality for it !!

i dont feel like my phone is having 1GHZ processor. only free RAM has increased, but it doesnt reflects on the smootheness of UI . whats the use of spare RAM, if it cant make operation smooth .

battery performance has taken a hit, even after i have disabled all the apps which use data !

sometimes my phone doesnt gets unlocked after being locked Slightly frowning Face , i hv to restart it. It should be due to some app or particular reason. still to find out !!

if i am using some app and incoming call comes, the phone takes 4-5 sec to show the name.

the most popular app for ICS, chrome doesnt opens webpage any different from stock browser in  terms of speed and scrolling Slightly frowning Face

SONY could hv installed a stripped down version of ICS , like Nokia is doing for Lumia 710 & 610 !!

It would not have taken the toll on phone hardware !!