account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

maybe speaker problem or software problem? (xperia Neo using skype)

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

maybe speaker problem or software problem? (xperia Neo using skype)

i called my mom using skype with video call, the speaker was excellent i can hear her very well then the next day i called her again and even the volume is set high it was different the loudness was decreased (xloud is activated same as the yesterday i called) and i have to put my earphone because i cant hear my mom very well. Then again, the next day everything was normal and loud again.... and go back to previous problem again and again and again sometimes its fine sometimes not fine so what is the problem? i got 2.3.3 similar issue then upgraded to 2.3.4 same issue. i activated xloud then deactivated again restart but sometimes the problem comes back.... (i got good signal strenght)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: maybe speaker problem or software problem? (xperia Neo using skype)

Please also take in to account that this may not be related to the handset at all but related to the person you are calling, you may want to do some testing with this person specifically.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hmm. This could be an intermittent hardware fault.

Before jumping to conclusions, not sure if you have already tried to perform a software/firmwware repair using PC Companion

Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable

The repair option on PC Companion (Support Zone --> Update --> Repair).

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

If that did not work you may need to bring the phone to a SE service centre for them to diagnose and fix

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You may also want to check how strong the signal is of the person you are calling as if it is intermittent then it may be on their end that the problem is coming from.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Please also take in to account that this may not be related to the handset at all but related to the person you are calling, you may want to do some testing with this person specifically.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

im using 3G all the time (got full bars) and the other party is using WIFI (no idea if signal is strong enough)so probably its a signal problem... thanks for the help.... i will do my testing and let you know...

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

No problem, let us know how you get on Slightly smiling Face