account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

a small bug on TrackID, other comments from newcommer to SE

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

a small bug on TrackID, other comments from newcommer to SE

Hi, I have few questions on TrackID. First, when sending en email in the context is not the song title and the artist but only numbers 1 or 0.

So is there a BugZilla where I could put more detailed stuff about this issue?

Next, why to hell have you put the USB connector under the top cover ? Each time I put it to charge , I am scared that I will be to hard on that little stuff and it will stay in my hands. So please , don't do this anymore.

But besides that, the best looking phone (Xperia Neo V) , so for this +1. Also, you can easy extend the battery life with tweaking the kernel on the particullar chipset. I did this for my self, and it's great.

Cheers

Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: a small bug on TrackID, other comments from newcommer to SE

Good news!

I have confirmation that this has been identified, corrected, and will be implemented in coming software releases.

Please do me a big favour and remember this thread when you next update your phone, and let us know if everything is working for you.

Thanks for helping us improve!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

you should create a new thread and do a step by step how to tweak the kernel to prolong the battery life

as of trackID I don't see the problem, does it happen with all the song or just one song? can you take a screenshot

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi, with the kernel I will see what the next update .58? will bring.

To the TrackID, here are some screenshots, it's in my native language (Slovak) so don't bother with the whole sentence :-) just look on the 0 and 1. Of course this is the composition of the email. After I have send the email, I was waiting that maybe these numbers will be replaced with the right content but not. So I got what you see.

The same issue is on email, sms and bluetooth I did not try.

screenshot_2011-11-14_1214.pngscreenshot_2011-11-14_1214_1.pngscreenshot_2011-11-14_1215.png

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

What happens if you switch your phone into English (just as a test)?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi, you got the point. Here is a screenshot of TrackId in English.

So it's a problem in language set up?

Could this be fixed in the next release if there will be one(if it's not already in ICS)

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I am just having a think about this, the track information comes directly from Gracenote if I remember correctly (sorry if this has changed) and it is a possibility that the information being sent to the phone is in an English format only. One way we can check this is if you are able to run TackId on a music track who’s title is native to language you have the handset set to and see what results you get.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Demigod
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Good news!

I have confirmation that this has been identified, corrected, and will be implemented in coming software releases.

Please do me a big favour and remember this thread when you next update your phone, and let us know if everything is working for you.

Thanks for helping us improve!

View solution in original post

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

hey martha when is the next update? and which android version? 2.3.something or 4.0.1?