account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia Neo Media Problem, cannot load mp3, video or previously saved photo album

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Xperia Neo Media Problem, cannot load mp3, video or previously saved photo album

I bought my unit 1 week ago, at first i was able to play mp3 and view vsaved video and photos, then after that when i restarted my phone my default player cannot find any files to play song. but when i checked in my sd card all songs are there. my question is how can i solve this issue? it will be great help if i can solve this issue. i'm a new user of peria. Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Re: Xperia Neo Media Problem, cannot load mp3, video or previously saved photo album

what I would do is

1) backup everything

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/16824

(those apps work on neo, play, arc, etc)

2) use Update Service to repair my phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/xperia-neo?cc=u...

3) see if that solves the issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Xperia Neo Media Problem, cannot load mp3, video or previously saved photo album

use OI File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&feature=search_result

and see if you can access your music, videos, etc

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

i already downloaded the file and i can browse the content of my SD card however my main problem is that my default media player installed in my phone cannot access the files. when i open my music player it always says "music library empty". i never changed anything in the sd card. even my photo albums no photo but when i checked the content again using the OI file manager the files are there... how can i solve this issue? i appreciate ur help thanks ^_^

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

what I would do is

1) backup everything

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/16824

(those apps work on neo, play, arc, etc)

2) use Update Service to repair my phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/xperia-neo?cc=u...

3) see if that solves the issue

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

I have exactly same problem

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

this might be the best way to fix this but it needs a lot of work... my wi-fi is not yet working so il gonna try this next time... is there any alternative? coz even my camera album in the previous days it disappears but my photos is in the Sd card with different folder.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Hello Bebo_ali.... thanks I'm not alone having a problem with this same issue hahaha just kidding. anyways if u fix this one on your phone pls keep me posted  thank you so much.... I just notice also that in my camera album the pictures that i took days before disappear... but when i check in the sd card they are there... anyways i don't have any problem with the phone except this. i love neo. the size, style and the overall form factor...

Emperor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

I haven't been able to see any other way around it, but look at it on the bright side, if for some reason your phone starts acting up  you can always backup everything and repair it

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

gee thanks alot.... i will repair in my day-off.... thanks for the advce...

Emperor
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

no problem