account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia Neo - Front Camera Issue after Upgrading to ICS 4.0.4

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia Neo - Front Camera Issue after Upgrading to ICS 4.0.4

Hi,

I am new to these forums and not sure whether this issue has been reported/discussed before or not. My issue is that front camera of my Xperia Neo is not working after updating to ICS 4.0.4 couple of days ago..Face Unlock gives error that "Face Unlock Couldn't Start" and Camera Test result show that "This device doesn't support this function".. I have browsed the forums and have tried available fixes like removing/formatting the memory card and trying,reinstalling the Software again but to no avail.. Hope any of the experienced Users or Mod's can help me on this... Rest of the Experience with the ICS is absolutely fine.. I haven't faced any performance issues till now.. Looking for a quick response on this.. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: Xperia Neo - Front Camera Issue after Upgrading to ICS 4.0.4

Just switch your camera to front camera by changing the setting at the top of the screen

cZVAVADV.pngBGFKJSDKJSH.png

hit coreect answer if it helps Slightly smiling Face

11 REPLIES
One time poster
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

So many views and not even a single reply Slightly frowning Face.. Am I the only one facing this issue...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

type this in ur dial pad *#*#7378423#*#*

go to service test and test the secondary cam ..see if its working

One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I have already written in my initial post that i have performed this test and it is giving error "This device doe not support this function" Slightly frowning Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

then if u have performed a Repair via pc companion or factory resent ... then i guess you should visit Sony service center only they will be able to tell/solve ur prblm.

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Unfortunately we donot have an official Sony Centre in Pakistan Slightly frowning Face.. Need some other solution ..

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I have repaired the Software again using PC COmpanion couple of times but no success.... Slightly frowning Face.. No one seems to care either..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Im facing the same problem..please someone help us..thanks Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Dude, I have been trying to get the help from this forums but to no avail... I don't know why these people are not listening....

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Just switch your camera to front camera by changing the setting at the top of the screen

cZVAVADV.pngBGFKJSDKJSH.png

hit coreect answer if it helps Slightly smiling Face