account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Gallery showing wrong thumbnails for images

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Gallery showing wrong thumbnails for images

My Gallery is showing wrong thumbnails for images. However ther are some pics where there is right image-thumbnail combination.

I have tried moving entires images to my pc, and again moving to sd card. This time some files came properly while again majority had the same issue. Please help.

Screenshot_2013-03-26-09-29-07[1].png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Gallery showing wrong thumbnails for images

Try to go to settings, apps, all, gallerie, then try to force stop and clear app data.
After that you should see all the appropriate thumbnails in your gallery.

6 REPLIES
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Try to go to settings, apps, all, gallerie, then try to force stop and clear app data.
After that you should see all the appropriate thumbnails in your gallery.

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks a lot. Btw ..  is this a permnent solution or  temperory fix?

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

you could connect your phone to a computer > DCMI > thumbnails > delete them all > android will create new thumbnails later on

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thumbnail is a small version of an image and it is often used to recognize and organize images. When you use thumbnail, you are able to fit more graphics on one page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

It worked for me!!! Mine is a Sony Xperia Ray ST18i Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

whenever i get a text email whatsapp message etc the thumbnails are saved to album/gallery 

if i didnt delete them i would be infested with them 

how do i stop this?

ta