account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Cannot connect to Xperia companion in windows 8.1 or 10

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Cannot connect to Xperia companion in windows 8.1 or 10

I have an old sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V , MT11i , was detecting fine in both my pc and the old pc companion in XP windows , now i am using Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 , the mobile is well detected in both operating systems as " Xperia NEO V connected " but not detected at all in Xperia Companion , i tried everything , restarting , installing drivers { please note there is no exclamation mark in device manager } , disable drivers signature and finally a new build of windows 10 but unfortunately all couldn't succeed, now i can only transfer files between my pc and mobile using file explorer but cannot repair my mobile software using Xperia companion since i cannot connect to it
i discovered the problem last week when the phone went suddenly into boot loop , i tried to repair it with Xperia companion but couldn't connect , i couldn't make recovery because the phone didn't response to any buttons pressing , after many days from trying restaring the phone i could reach the factory setting before the phone switched off and i made it , and it worked to operate the phone normally , but i am afraid the mobile go again to boot loop before making repair with Xperia companion
Please note that my mobile is on the original software since years , Android 4.0.3 , build 4.1.A.0.562, no rooting or unlocking
Can anybody help me to connect my phone to Xperia companion again in windows 8.1 or 10 ?
Thank you