account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

WiFi issue without SIM card

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

WiFi issue without SIM card

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing an issue with my WiFi connection (since I bought it).

My phone is an Xperia Mini and I've just upgraded to ICS manually.

When I've no SIM card inside it or I activate "airplane mode", i can't see my home wifi connection.

But I'm still able to see others access points.

Has this ever happened to anyone? How do you solve it, please?

Thanks to anyone who could help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi issue without SIM card

It's due to regulatory domain. Channel 12 and 13 is only allowed in Europe and therefore cellular network must be available to know which country you're in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

It's due to regulatory domain. Channel 12 and 13 is only allowed in Europe and therefore cellular network must be available to know which country you're in.

View solution in original post

Adept
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Well, you're really good

I use this channel as it is not prevalent in my zone

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

MY XPERIA MINI GOT IN THE WASHER MASHINE AND NOW (AFTER 6...

MY XPERIA MINI GOT IN THE WASHER MASHINE AND NOW (AFTER 6 MONTHS ) EVERYTHINK ITS OK ONLY THE WIFI DOESN'T WORK