account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Update 2.3.4 -- Missing Elements/Feedback

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Update 2.3.4 -- Missing Elements/Feedback

Hi,

I recently updated my xperia mini pro to android 2.3.4. The new features like video on Gtalk, 3D panaromic camera, swype, etc. are welcome changes.

But what disappoints me is that one essential thing is still missing, a smart dialer. Yes, I can pick one from the market, lots available for free, but none will blend in with the default theme of the phone. So SE please think on providing this.

Another thing is the missing animations. SE stands out for style but again two really nice animations are removed. One is the CRT like animation you get when the screen is turned off on hitting the power button. Second one is when you open the SMS app.

Friends, can you suggest any way of restoring these animation ?

SE, can we look forward to you for providing these in next update ?

Cheer!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Update 2.3.4 -- Missing Elements/Feedback

While I can't comment on if it will happen for sure, I have forwarded the changes you mentioned.

I actually just noticed that the CRT effect is missing!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

While I can't comment on if it will happen for sure, I have forwarded the changes you mentioned.

I actually just noticed that the CRT effect is missing!

View solution in original post

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I got it I'm awesome!!! I know

ProfessorFrink1.gif

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSw...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Master
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

nopes..its not working as its supposed to..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hello, how are you doing?

Sorry for bringing this up on your thread, but this is something that has been on my mind recently:

I just bought the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini (my Android version is 2.3.3) and something happens when I turn on the screen (press the Home or the on/off button): instead of the screen lightning up instantly, it goes up on a "2-step" procedure. I don't know how to explain exactly, but here's a video that demonstrates well what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZC6f3vCPg

At 0:30 he will turn on the screen, and you can see that the screen slightly "blinks" before turning completely on.

Does that happens with you? What's your Android and region version?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

Bye.

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

it does Slightly smiling Face almost the same

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

you are reallly behind, the latest udpate its 2.3.4

use Update Service to update your phone

Update Service (SEUS)

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thanks but I will wait for a feedback from trufalcon.