account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem: Silent mode automatically turning off

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Problem: Silent mode automatically turning off

I have a very annoying problem with my Xperia Mini. I put it in silent mode, but it comes out of silent mode every half or full hour. This is really embarassing during meetings, etc. This was the problem in original android. Then I upgraded android to 4 ICS. After the upgrade, it was more stable for some time, but now the problem has started again. Does anyone else have this problem? And what is the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Re: Problem: Silent mode automatically turning off

It could be conflict with app(s) that you have installed. See if you are able to locate it ....

12 REPLIES 12
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Hi, if you are sure that you did not inadvertently press the volume rocker, suggest you software repair phone with Sony Update Service. Here's the download link, http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/. Be aware that this process will erase phone data completely.

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Doesn't upgrading the OS repair the phone?

btw, what is the volume rocker? Is it the volume keys on the side of the phone?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Yup, the volume key.

Normally a software repair will resolve a software glitch ....

One time poster
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I downloaded the software and repaired my phone. It worked correctly for 2 days, but then the problem started appearing again. Now it again turns the silent-mode off almost every hour.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

It could be conflict with app(s) that you have installed. See if you are able to locate it ....

One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

whenever I have my Xperia S in silent mode and a message or phone call comes, it turns off the silent mode after that call or sms. this is very frustrating. Any idea why this happens?

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi simplysim, have you tried repairing phone software? Just be aware that this process will erase phone memory completely.

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Yes it was an app that was causing this problem. I uninstalled it and installed another similar app. Now this problem does not occur anymore. Thanks for the helpful hint.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Great!