account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Display showing black white spot..

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Display showing black white spot..

Hi, I'm frm Kolkata India...i'm using mini pro...

today i noticed that there is a small black spot showing at the bottom between the letter "A" of Xperia and Option botton...

when i touch the screen its come after few second it disappear....

and another white spot shown at the screen menu button (screen home button)...the spot is glowing...when the screen is white..it's visible quite clearly....

anyone facing those problem....should i go to the service centre...here in India they take more than 1 month...

i dont know what to do....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Display showing black white spot..

I'm a bit confused.

Is the black spot like a light that isn't working? So you notice when the option key lights up?

The white spot that shows up during moments when the screen is white? I'm not sure I understand this part.

In the end, it's up to you to decide if you should visit a service center or not. Maybe you could take a photo of the issues and reply?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

I'm a bit confused.

Is the black spot like a light that isn't working? So you notice when the option key lights up?

The white spot that shows up during moments when the screen is white? I'm not sure I understand this part.

In the end, it's up to you to decide if you should visit a service center or not. Maybe you could take a photo of the issues and reply?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your attention.....the white spot is always there....when the screen is white it is quite visible, otherwise not so much....

And the black dot is coming when I touch the screen or scroling....

I have checked my friend's mobile the black dot is coming to his mobile too...not the white spot...

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Same here...

Happen to my old white mini pro and my new black mini pro...

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I got the black spot too but not the white spot

It's not very visible at first but when scrolling in browser or something white, it become more noticeable

The spot only become black(or dim?) when i scroll.

I've open up the service mode and nothing happen in the display test!

Now i'm confused, is it a hardware or software problem?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I think it is a hardware issue...

i have taken screenshot at that perticuler time but the snapshot is showing nothing..

Even in my laptop the snspshot is clear without any dot....

I have taken a picture in my digital camera...i can show you the spot...check the picture

DSC03321m.JPG

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

But my blackspot will fade out itself, weird :/

And the white spot is too hard to notice, i don't think i have it....

Let's hope it's only a display driver issue Slightly frowning Face