account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

possible to change 3G network

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

possible to change 3G network

Hello,

I'll soon go to canada and I'm at freemobile(french mobile network operator). The roaming agreement between freemobile / bell / telus, is on the 3G only and the network uses 850 and 1900MHz. But my ST27i operates on 3G 900/2100MHz.

The ST27a operates on 850/1900MHz.

So my question is, is it possible to change the 3G operating frequency of my ST27i by flashing the rom, or some other miracle solution?

Thank you

Patel.

PS : sorry for my bad english ;-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: possible to change 3G network

Hi there,

It's unfortunately not possible to change the broadcasting frequencies since it requires different hardware radio parts for the different network standards.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi there,

It's unfortunately not possible to change the broadcasting frequencies since it requires different hardware radio parts for the different network standards.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Ok, i'll have to buy a new phone...

Thx for the answer.