account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

i have found 3 problems in my xperia go,need help?

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

i have found 3 problems in my xperia go,need help?

i bought my go 2 days ago and while i was saving my contacts i found it lacks contact group, i mean every phone has this basic feature??

2. i can't find a task manager? i want to know how much ram is free or used and without task manager how would i clear my ram memory?

3. while i was on a call with my friend i found that my phone had a low receiver volume? how can i increase the volume?

i need help>>>??? Slightly frowning Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: i have found 3 problems in my xperia go,need help?

Ok lets go by parts:

Q. I bought my go 2 days ago and while i was saving my contacts i found it lacks contact group, i mean every phone has this basic feature??

A: If GB  then phonebook > menu > filter and if on ICS Open contacts then tap and hold a contact, hit edit contact and scroll down to select "assign to group"

In this menu you can create the group or assign the person to an existing Google contact group.

Q2. I can't find a task manager? i want to know how much ram is free or used and without task manager how would i clear my ram memory?

A. Enter the Play Store and download "advanced Task manager"...this is a very good app I've being using for a wile now.

Q3. wile i was on a call with my friend i found that my phone had a low receiver volume? how can i increase the volume?

A. On this, during the call please press the volume up button. I've noticed that this units have a golden zone when you placed them to your ear..if you don't place it correctly the sound is not properly appreciated.

Hope this helps

Francis.

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

task managers are on the market, download Astro or OI file manager

go to your phonebook > menu > filter > you should be able to see it there

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Ok lets go by parts:

Q. I bought my go 2 days ago and while i was saving my contacts i found it lacks contact group, i mean every phone has this basic feature??

A: If GB  then phonebook > menu > filter and if on ICS Open contacts then tap and hold a contact, hit edit contact and scroll down to select "assign to group"

In this menu you can create the group or assign the person to an existing Google contact group.

Q2. I can't find a task manager? i want to know how much ram is free or used and without task manager how would i clear my ram memory?

A. Enter the Play Store and download "advanced Task manager"...this is a very good app I've being using for a wile now.

Q3. wile i was on a call with my friend i found that my phone had a low receiver volume? how can i increase the volume?

A. On this, during the call please press the volume up button. I've noticed that this units have a golden zone when you placed them to your ear..if you don't place it correctly the sound is not properly appreciated.

Hope this helps

Francis.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

hey francis thanks a lot, but can you explain me the contact group part again?
i have GB . i opened phonebook > menu > filter but there was no option there regarding assigning a group to a contact !!

i downloaded the "advanced Task manager" as you suggested!! and my problem was solved.

and i also increased the volume during the call but i still not that loud but i can live with it! Slightly smiling Face

i just need you to explain me the contact group part again.... thanks in advance! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The Go does not support contact groups. I wish the Sony support people here would be more careful wwith posting generic replies about a specific product they have not used and do not have knowledge about. This is pretty obvious in both this and the screen resistance thread.

Demigod
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hello Vicky sorry about the recommendation...I had the Xperia x10 in my mind...unfortunately the GB version on the Go lacks this section for Group messages...

We use a Stock version of the software here and we have the option on some of our phones from that line but checking with our pals at the united kingdom they verified that their model lacks the feature.

Now, the possible update to ICS for this phone will carry the function as I described it on top.

Aside from that there are some app you can use for this function for example: HandCent and another one called Go SMS pro. (Play Store)

Hope this helps

Francis.