account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia Go infiltrated by water

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 33
Message 11 of 33

Re: Xperia Go infiltrated by water

it will be wise to contact a Sony moderator, I'm intrigued about the Xperia Go, Sony's PR says that its water resistant, and some other places it says water proof so I would contact Rickard, Johan, Jeff, etc

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 12 of 33
Message 12 of 33

Pnoy too, if you want buy my fone it surely water resistant. I already tested on the pool. 1month old. Almost 12k ko sya na bili sa mismo sony shop in sm marikina. In your case  I think maybe you always pick a unlucky phone is short not 100% good as new!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 13 of 33
Message 13 of 33

Ahaha.

Nice offer here.

How about warranty bro?

Thanks

One time poster
Message 14 of 33
Message 14 of 33

Tested mine in the aquarium! ;D Had to take it out 5min later, fish were nibbling on it! LOLZ!

When I come from the beach I put it under a running tap to clean it of dust and what not, then I shake and blow it with a hair dryer just to be safe! And voilá!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 33
Message 15 of 33

If water enters your phone when you dip it in water with all covers closed then there's something wrong with it and it needs to be repaired/replaced by a service location. You should not have to cover the microphone or speaker.

The phone is however not intended to be used under water for longer periods. As uliwooly says, IP67 means that the phone can be submerged down to 1m for 30 minutes but if you start swimming with it you get another water pressure and leaving the phone in water for a longer time can cause water to enter the phone.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 16 of 33
Message 16 of 33

Hi Rickard,

Does this mean that this shoul be covered by warranty?

One time poster
Message 17 of 33
Message 17 of 33

sony company cheated us i also have the same problem i tested in the swimming pool water entered inside my phone its better to use samsung mobile

One time poster
Message 18 of 33
Message 18 of 33

hi there. i've experienced the same problem with my xperia go. i tried to wash it with water and afterwards there were water leaks inside the screen that were so visible especially if the background is white. ofcourse i made sure that the charger and headset cover were really closed when i washed it but i think the water got inside the speaker. after i washed and played a song the sound got crappy for minutes and went better after. and the WORST part about buying this phone is that the warranty will be voided if water went inside it. WTH? i've tried to ask the people from where i bought it and they said i have to wait for like 2 to 3 wks before i can have it back but if the service center found out that it was really infiltrated with water the warranty would be voided. i even availed for the extended warranty but it will be voided as well. the only problem i have is the leak inside the screen but everything is stil working properly. so i'm still thinking wether to return it to them to have it checked or what? what can you guys suggest? the water now seems to be dried out a little? grrrr. so disapointed with sony

One time poster
Message 19 of 33
Message 19 of 33

Hi,, is there any suggestions how can i use my phone again?  i dipped my phone last week and now i cannot use it. diagnosis of my phone is wet lcd,but the replacement of lcd is not covered by the warranty.. any help? and the service center charged me 200 pesos for the diagnosis..

One time poster
Message 20 of 33
Message 20 of 33

hi again! my xperia go who had a water leak inside the screen dried out. so i didn't bring it to the service center anymore. luckily, everything is still working properly. i'm still checking if the system got damaged but after 2 weeks of letting it dry it's still fine. anyway, i just dropped by to let you guys know if ever you've had same experience. Dizzy Face