account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia GO has no network signal(no service)

One time poster
Message 51 of 70
Message 51 of 70

Re: Xperia GO has no network signal(no service)

I have the same problem - specially when driving (lives in Danmark).

Annoying to loose calls and SMS.

This is my first SmartPhone - and somewhat surprised - the inter-communication to network and provider, ought to be proven "mobile-phone" technology, for years.

Not satisfying.

Peter

One time poster
Message 52 of 70
Message 52 of 70

I have also faced similar problems the phone sucks in many basic things and they also lag the usp dont ever try to hard test the phone except for the water and dust resistancy(IP57 certified so is kind off good) u may lose it Dizzy Face if u do any other testing :smileygrin:

FINAL COMMENT: SUCKS

Unk
One time poster
Message 53 of 70
Message 53 of 70

To all experiencing network signal issues: try setting the phone in 2G mode ( GSM only ) in Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile Networks/Network Mode .

That way I have no signal problems.

Of course , it is not  a solution for all of You who'd like to use data connection outside Wi-fi, but it does solves the problem as far as talking over the phone goes. ( at least in my case it did )

unk

One time poster
Message 54 of 70
Message 54 of 70

I also had this problem but I update with new software but still there are many problem that when we select hspa mode to gsm network on running net then works on gprs only not edge shows G when we use a ussd code then it goes to edge shows E in notification bar.  And after battery was pumping up so I hopelessly said that Sony is not recommend for software and technology.Its only for shine or show off.

One time poster
Message 55 of 70
Message 55 of 70

I am having this problem, plus it is almost undetectable (except from being not able to make or receive any calls):

The signal-strength-indicator works normally and the phone seems to be connected to the mobile network. However, after a while the widget "phono" - which shows connection details - will show "n/a" under connetion-type (instead of e.g. "hscsd" or "edge"). Once "n/a" appears, the mobile connection is gone for good, even though "t-mobile" is still displayed as active network. I don't have to reboot, it is enough to switch to flight-mode and back, but the connection will not come back on its own.

This happens with 162 and 184 firmware, and with all network auto/manual 2G/3G options. The phone is useless with this problem, so I sent it back for repair under warranty - I am not willing to wait for a software-fix in some distant future...

One time poster
Message 56 of 70
Message 56 of 70

I have updated to 6.0.B.3.184 and still have same network issue. Randomly I've got signal lost, phone shows "Emergency calls only", when trying to make a call - the call hangs forever and you can't cancel it. Toggling flight mode does not help - only reboot

One time poster
Message 57 of 70
Message 57 of 70

thanks unk.

your suggestion works.

i have xperia p phone.

Earlier my phone showed 'No service' message sometimes and ihad to re-boot my phone to get back the connectivity.but then i followed this suggestion

i changed network to GSM only and then re-booted my phone .past 3 days iam have not experienced any network issues so far.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 58 of 70
Message 58 of 70

I am from Egypt and I have the same problem that Samsung is better than Sony hope to resolve the problem update ice cream sandwich waiting please speed up the solution of the problem before the advent of Sony to the world that Sony failed company

Thank you

One time poster
Message 59 of 70
Message 59 of 70

I have discovered the problem wants solution Send message here :hazem.elnaggar@yahoo.com

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 70
Message 60 of 70

whenever i restart (switch off and on) the Go it shows no service.

I had to make a call and before it connects the signal comes back.

Not ideal hope it is solved soon