account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia GO GPS problems

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia GO GPS problems

I have a question for Sony.

I bought Xperia go recently and everything worked as expected from Sony phone. I already installed ICS.

I was very dissapointed, when I tried GPS. It didn`t work with Google maps, because when I was standing, my position on map was moving arround.

It didn`t work with "RunKeeper" that I use, the measurment of the distance was always wrong which was also seen on the map, because at least for a part of the distance, the positioning was (very) inaccurate.

When I tried "GPS test" I saw that the accuracy was always quite poor, mostly over 10m, rearly 5-10m, always never under 5 m.

I saw that it detected many signal with SNR over 30 but didn`t use them for calculation.

I wouldn`t even know what to expect from GPS on smartphone, but I previously used Live with walkman, which had also very good GPS.

On Google maps the position, while standing, never moved, with "RunKepper" I always got correct measurements and "GPS test" showed much better results, accuracy was almoust always under 5m.

I already took my phone to local service, it is under warranty, and they rebooted it and said that it works fine, and suits Sony specifications.

My question to Sony is, is GPS useless on every Xperia GO phone or just on mine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Xperia GO GPS problems

I agree with kenw. By removing Learningclient I can get almost 10 second GPS FINE lock in outdoor.

You may try this, and yeah, use .54 firmware.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

you might want to repair your phone with SUS or PCC, also your phone might be acting up

is Sony spying on users in this forum?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/60197

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

UNRELATED topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

My answer would be YES all xperia Go's are useless for GPS, in fact as is ALL the Novathor U8500 devices (P, U, Sola).

Running a re install or repair will not make a difference, I found that rooting and removing Learning client did improve mine but it is still not perfect and I'd not recommend Go, P, U or Sola.

If fact Sony believe the same as rthere has not been a single rumour of a 2013 phone using this chipset.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I agree with kenw. By removing Learningclient I can get almost 10 second GPS FINE lock in outdoor.

You may try this, and yeah, use .54 firmware.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks everybody for answers but I am still waiting what Sony has to say.

My Live with walkman worked perfectly, I only missed bigger screen. I thought I got that with Xperia GO but man was I wrong.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

follow this discussion link below. It really helps mine Slightly smiling Face

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/59898

Rookie
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

The best solution is to come back to ICS.

GPS problem is due to Android Jelly bean.

I did it and GPS is now works perfectly.