account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Will Sony release KitKat upgrade for Xperia Go?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Will Sony release KitKat upgrade for Xperia Go?

No,

Unfortunately Sony will not provide a KitKat update for their Xperia Go..

They have already announced it officially..

They will not provide software support for their 2 years old phones...

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Carp Sony only focus on their high end phones not like other brands still have support on old phones
Adviser
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

Kitkat coming out for Xperia U, Go, Sola via good efforts from the XDA developers community.
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Link
Learner
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Hi!

"... They will not provide software support for their 2 years old phones..."

Sorry, but as long as a device is officially available, Sony can not simply end the Software support. Even more so where there are still several bugs (Bluetooth)!

Whether KitKat is delivered for the Xperia GO or not, I personally do not care, but the existing error must be eliminated.

Regards

Oliver

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

I not only got bluetooth problem mine is camera,time,keyboard,performance,making calls,message still have the yellow notification after I opened the message and phone network mode having problems connecting to wcdma after it automatically change to gsm
Apprentice
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Even small companies like Xolo are providing KitKat update to their phones; Sony is a big (very big) multinational company. It should learn a thing or two about customer care from others!

Visitor
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Never ever updating Xperia go help!!

Hi everybody, here is my problem, help will be so much appreciated!

I have an Xperia go, and till recent date I have never managed to update it. It is still running on frigin Flinstone 2.3.7 version. I tried everything to update it:
1- Update center: No mam you have the latest softwear (lies), but hey that Xperia lounge looks kinda old, how about an update?

2-PC companion: everytime fails to detect the phone. Restart the phone, restart computer, change USB port, change USB cable, update PC companion, check Mass Storage. Nothing.

I don't know what to do, anymore. I'm really considering to buy another phone.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Emperor
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Re: Never ever updating Xperia go help!!

@Yumana

the issue is that your carrier didn't approved the jelly bean update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Re: Never ever updating Xperia go help!!

@Yumana

There's an alternative, flashtool, just look for the FTF file on the XDA forum

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)