account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Will Sony release KitKat upgrade for Xperia Go?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Will Sony release KitKat upgrade for Xperia Go?

Will Xperia Go get KitKat, Sony?  If not, why?  If yes, when?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Will Sony release KitKat upgrade for Xperia Go?

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Xperia Go will no longer receive any further software support.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/04/sony-mobile-ends-software-support-for-xperia-s-ion-p-u-go-and-m...

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

23 REPLIES 23
Demigod
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Xperia Go will no longer receive any further software support.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/04/sony-mobile-ends-software-support-for-xperia-s-ion-p-u-go-and-m...

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Adviser
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Thanks, I will try to upgrade it to KitKat through other means, like using CM11 or Omni. 

Sony, it seems, thinks its bad business to leave their old phones to oblivion.  Perhaps to "force" consumers to buy their newer phones?  When they should realize a leaving customer may just switch to another brand (i.e. Samsung) altogether because of their refusal to take care of their phones out there, not just the high-end Z models I'm sick of hearing in their marketing channels.

Of course, if they did decide to upgrade 2012 Xperia Go, along with models U, P, Sola, etc. they would have had a loyal customer base.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Jaboneros after you install cm11 can you do a video review of it in English? Cause I am also interested but I can't find any review on YouTube in English
Adviser
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

@ong1997 wrote:
Jaboneros after you install cm11 can you do a video review of it in English? Cause I am also interested but I can't find any review on YouTube in English

I have cm11 on my xperia Go :-)  What do you mean video review?  

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Like this http://www youtube.com/watch?v=qvuHOLWbBQE
Adviser
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

I see, as much as I like to do a video, that would mean I will need to repeat a whole bunch of steps, as I only have one Xperia Go Face with rolling Eyes

I will just make a new post how you can install CM11 in your Xperia Go, how's that?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Up to you but I just one a review like that YouTube video about the software I don't really need a video on how to install it cause I know how to install it
Adviser
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Let me know exactly what you want in the video. as the video link you gave is non-English.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Camera,music app functions,performance,battery life and good and bad things if you upgrade the phone to 4.4