account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Unusual click sound from my mobile

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Unusual click sound from my mobile

Hi

I used to hear a click sound when I close the camera application, it's like a shutter or something is retracting..

But recently this sound is coming from the phone every often. It's happening since last week... I've been using my mobile for 6 months but this is very unusual. Even when the phone is in standby and the screen is off... every often I can hear it.

Any idea?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Re: Unusual click sound from my mobile

Found the culprit Slightly smiling Face!!! It was Skype.

I just opened the overview of my running processes, and each time Skype pops up, you can hear the camera shutter and vice versa. Unsharp low quality movie: http://allserv.kahosl.be/~joris/skypeprocess-xperiago.wmv

In several sources, it is mentioned that a Skype background process is continuously accessing the camera (producing other problems):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1tr7lg/why_is_skype_accessing_my_camera_ever_3_hours/

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nexus-5-battery-drain-issue-acknowledged-by-google-fix-coming-s...

http://www.zdnet.com/kitkat-giving-you-battery-drain-problems-try-uninstalling-skype-says-google-as-...

I will remove Skype for a while -- I wasn't even signed in.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Boot your phone in safe mode,see if that still occurs:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Hi all,

I have been facing exactly the same problem since 2 weeks ago on my Xperia Go. Apparently, when I removed the Google Calendar widget from my home screen, the click sound dissappeared .... (which I discovered because the widget crashed after a safe mode session).

Would this problem simply relate to a Google Calendar bug or is this a much more advanced issue e.g. related to widgets for Xperia Go ...?

Best regards - j

Apprentice
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

the same problem on 3 phones  xperia go we have.

how to fix?

the same sound as when I close the camera (like a click)

I face this bug for several weeks!!!!

Apprentice
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

I face the same, but I never used the Google Calendar widget....

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Hi,

It is not a problem. It is the sound of the camera's shutter.

That is normal.

Chill,

Eljun

Apprentice
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Hi dear eljunpacomios

I'm not a first year user of st27i.

I know perfectly well that is the sound of the camera's shutter.

I want to know why I hear it while not using camera, while unlocking the screen, while surfing in menu, while making a call?

I use my phone since September 2012. My girl have the same one. AND we both note this bug. It appeared about 15-25 ago.

Eljun , there is no need to make a fool out of me. I am an old user of xperia go, the same as You.

perfectly know this sound. And know which node emits it. It's realy camera's  shutter.

THE QUESTION IS: WHY I HEAR THIS f* SOUND WHILE not using the camera.

p.s: also two users in this topic ismaximum and jorism faced this bug.

It is not a problem???????? It is the sound of the camera's shutter.

That is normal.             my opinion - it is not normal!

Eljun, please, do not be like captain obvious)))

Learner
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Totally agree with you zaka - btw still experiencing the annoying shutter sound.

Indeed, when I installed another calendar widget, the click sound started again, so there's no specific relation (I guess) between the bug and Google Calendar app.

Do you also presume this is a xperia go firmware bug ...?

Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

i know what sounds you talking about..it must hear just when you turn camera on or off..not randomly

if problem exist even in safe mode are you willing to try software repair by SUS??

Learner
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Actually, I don't have the problem in safe mode ...