account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Software update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Software update

I want to update the software on my Experia go. Using the Sony PC Companion I have downloaded the new software. I am on the screen "Phone / Tablet Software Update" on the step "2. Prepare". I follow the steps in the graphics but nothing happens. I've tried it several times. Part of the problem is that the pictures are ambiguous, eg it's not clear whether the phone should be off or on. What must I do to get the update to continue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Software update

Download sony update service,the phone must be off when connecting with volume down.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Download sony update service,the phone must be off when connecting with volume down.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks very much. It took me a while to notice that I was supposed to hold the volume down button. I recommend adding text to the diagrams for those of us who are not so observant.

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You are welcome.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I do hold it down but still doesn't do anything ( the light at the top goes red and then green for less than a second but nothing else) help please

Demigod
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi SaInaP,

Are you trying to update your phone using SUS?

If your answer YES, make sure that your phone is completely off, then press and hold "Volume Down" and connect the phone with computer via USB. Continue to hold "Volume Down" until the connection is not fully established (you will be notified on the screen of your computer).
After that follow the update steps.

Cheers.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Rather not update at all, stay with the software you have now & you will stay satisfied with Sony.☺