account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problems with syncronizing calender

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Problems with syncronizing calender

I'd like to use my Xperia Go to syncronize my Notes calendar and use my Google account to syncronize. However, when I try, it fails. I don't have data subscription with my phone, which it says is required to syncronize. Is there some way to trick the phone into believing I do, for example by setting up my Google account details - although I don't have a subscription with data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with syncronizing calender

To synchronize Xperia Go with Notes using PC Companion you need to have internet in your phone. This is because PC Companion synchronizes Notes with your Google account and then your phone synchronizes with Google over the internet.

I haven't tested it myself but you may be able to synchronize directly with Notes over USB using the 3:rd party software MyPhoneExplorer from http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

you need either wifi or data to be able to sync the calendars, you could use PCC but that's only if both devices are Xperias

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

To synchronize Xperia Go with Notes using PC Companion you need to have internet in your phone. This is because PC Companion synchronizes Notes with your Google account and then your phone synchronizes with Google over the internet.

I haven't tested it myself but you may be able to synchronize directly with Notes over USB using the 3:rd party software MyPhoneExplorer from http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post