account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Error Deleting File?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Error Deleting File?

I want to delete one of the mp3 files that came with my Xperia Go.  But I always get this error message from Windows 7.

How in the world am I supposed to delete files that Sony has forced on me?

error_deleting_file.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Error Deleting File?

Download a file manager. (Astro File manager maybe!) and then go to that location. Check the mp3 files Attributes . Maybe its read-only. Then try to change the Attributes and then delete the mp3 file. Slightly smiling Face

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Error Deleting File

Leavin could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

I can continue to browse the smartphone's folders after pressing the Skip or Cancel button.

So it doesn't look like I have been disconnected.

Now what should I do?

Emperor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

try a different usb port > you can download the drivers

turn off your firewall and antivirus > turn off your phone > press and hold the volume down button > THEN connect the USB cable > keep holding the volume down > your PC should download the drivers.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Since Windows 7 and Sony PC Companion already installed the necessary drivers for my smartphone the first time I connected it last month I tried my own procedure first.

My own procedure

- Which was to try a different USB port.

- Then copy my own personal mp3 file to the same location where Sony has placed their mp3 file.

- Then I played my mp3 file on the smartphone which worked well.

- Then I deleted my personal mp3 file which also went well.

- But when I tried to delete Sony's mp3 file then I get the same error message!

Error Deleting File

Leavin could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

To me it doesn't look like there's something wrong with my USB connection's input and output functionality.

But I tried your procedure as well to eliminate all alternatives.

- I tried a different USB port.

- I turned off Firewall and Antivirus.

- I turned off smartphone.

- I pressed and held the volume Down button.

- I THEN connected the USB cable to the smartphone.

- I kept holding the volume Down button.  (But I can't see anything happening!)

- So I keep holding the volume button and pressed the On button to start the smartphone.

- Then I punch in my SIM code and Pattern code.

- Phone start like normal, Windows 7 and Sony PC Companion detects my phone. (But no new drivers are being installed!)

Then I tried the same procedure but pressed volume Up button instead same result, nothing new happens only a normal start of the phone.

What's next?

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

bump 1!

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Download a file manager. (Astro File manager maybe!) and then go to that location. Check the mp3 files Attributes . Maybe its read-only. Then try to change the Attributes and then delete the mp3 file. Slightly smiling Face

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank youuuuu GOD (xfahim) your advise worked right away.  I didn't even have to change attributes on the file it just deleted it straight up, no nonsense questions and warnings. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

But Phony's WALKMAN still didn't want to face fact and admit that the file was gone.  So I had to click on that Leavin.mp3 several times even if WALKMAN complained.  Then it freaked out and spammed me with several error messages.  Until it gave up on my stubbornness and admitted that the stupid mp3 file was gone forever. :smileymischief: