account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Change default photo editor setting?

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Change default photo editor setting?

whenever I wanted to edit photographs, I was given the option between both and chose one, accidentally clicking the "use as default don't ask again" box. how do I get both options back??
10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Change default photo editor setting?

Open settings then Apps and swipe to all and find on the list the app that has become default then open it and choose clear cache then see if your app option is back

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Try Thommo's suggestion,if not working,just settings-apps-all-media storage,clear defaults.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Doesnt work
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

What photo editor did you choose by default?google photos?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Honestly I dont know. I couldnt even find that in the apps. I think its photo editor.
Learner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Its the app that has the styles menu with the options: sandy, maya, nikki, quentin etc...
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Do this:open the app,tap longer on home to get the recent task manager,tap longer on your app,select app info,go to settings and clear defaults.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I am also experiencing same problem. I want to keep an image as my wallpaper but accidently chose Google photos as default but now I want to use sony's built in editor.
I cleared the cache and it is showing" no default set "when viewing the album in settings
Help me guys
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

If you have the option to reset app preferences, click that. All it does it reset all the default options you have setted for any apps, doesn't delete anything.