account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

searching for mobile network signal error

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

searching for mobile network signal error

It's been a couple of days since i experienced this. I had weak signal and receives delayed messages and my friends couldn't call me since it keeps on saying i'm out of coverage area. I tried to contact my service provider for this error but it seemed like it's not the problem. tried to place my SIM to another phone and it works perfectly; i received messsages on time and they can call me. when i placed it back to my arc s, the same error occured. so i think, the problem is on the phone. this error also causes my phone to overheat and drain its battery so fast than it normally does. any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: searching for mobile network signal error

First check so that the phone is set to search for networks automatically under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network operators -> Search mode. You can also try setting the phone to GSM only and WCDMA only under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode to see if it's a problem with one of the networks.

If this doesn't help i recommend that you try to repair the software in your phone using PC Companion or Bride for Mac.

If the problem remains after a repair i suggest you contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) or a service location for further assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

First check so that the phone is set to search for networks automatically under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network operators -> Search mode. You can also try setting the phone to GSM only and WCDMA only under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode to see if it's a problem with one of the networks.

If this doesn't help i recommend that you try to repair the software in your phone using PC Companion or Bride for Mac.

If the problem remains after a repair i suggest you contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) or a service location for further assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

thanks for the help Rickard. I had observed it for a couple of days now and it's working perfectly. Except for when my phone shuts down and I open it,the mobile network reverts back to gsm/wcdma preferred, and I had to set it back to gsm only. Why is that so?

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi Team

This is Riswan, am facing the network issue on my sony experia c4 mobile.

there is no network in my mobile, when i do manual search getting the message as "Error while searching for networks"

even factory reset and software updation didnt help out. sometimes gettting the network sometime not.

really hard to live witout network.

/Riswan khan