account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

screen lock by PIN code on my ARC Help

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

screen lock by PIN code on my ARC Help

Hello, my screen is locked with a PIN code android.
I get to type my PIN for my SIM card but not unlocked the screen.
I posted a message in French yesterday but it was deleted.
I would like some help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: screen lock by PIN code on my ARC Help

Samuel,

I'm lucky I found this tools this evening

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Before I use and try the PC companion, but this tools is very powerful!!

Thank you for yours tips Samuel.

I hope my post and this link can help some people...

Have fun!

6 REPLIES 6
Master
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Then it seems like you have enabled screen security on your device. This can be in form of a PIN, password or pattern lock. If you forgot your password, you can repair the software via PC Companion. Please note that all information in will be lost due to security reasons.

The reason your post was deleted was probably because it was written in french. This is a english speaking forum and all threads must be written in english.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi Samuel,

All excuse me for my bad english  and thank's for your help. But I forgot to explain that I try you solution and the repair didn''t work.

An another possibility?

I don't unstersatnd why it's lock because I use always the same code !!

I have try to call French Sony support and they explain to me it was possible to reset my phone but it's not a free support. I must paid and I don't unsterstand why in this Android version there are not a challenge response to unlock the phone?

PS: For the deketed post ok I understand, I see all menu in french so i write in french ^^

Master
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Seems strange. A repair should reset the phone making it possible for you to add a new code when you first start up your phone again. Have you tried updating it instead?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yes verry strange. I try to repair i have the same probleme. So I try the last update from Sony and the probleme was the same...

I serach again

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Samuel,

I'm lucky I found this tools this evening

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Before I use and try the PC companion, but this tools is very powerful!!

Thank you for yours tips Samuel.

I hope my post and this link can help some people...

Have fun!

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

what is company default pin code