account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia Arc housing cracks?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 351 of 381
Message 351 of 381

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

So after like 3 months since repalce housing on ARC S White again sent to replacing. I think that the white one is the weake one, because all the friends who have black housing have no cracks.

Rookie
Message 352 of 381
Message 352 of 381

thats is true , but why sony dont have a definetly solution !!!!!

One time poster
Message 353 of 381
Message 353 of 381

I am facing the same damn problem. Hairline crack on my Xperia Arc. Please do notify Sony Mobile team about this. This is a serious issue. If it was faced by one, its ok. But so many people at the same time??!!?? Something wrong with the panel itself. I am not telling you guys can solve it, but please notify the management/design team as appropriate and please make a provision to replace those faulty panels!! Slightly frowning Face It's a humble request as a Sony loyalist. I have still not left Sony because of the loyalty. But if this careless and bad attitude continues with customers, then I guess my Xperia Arc would be my last Sony phone/product ever!

Hello Sony Mobile Team are you hearing?? Slightly smiling Face

Hoping for the best. And waiting like hell for the ICS update for my phone!! Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face

-Sudhindra R Bhat

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 354 of 381
Message 354 of 381

I bought my phone just before christmas and was led to believe the cracking on the original arc had been fixed on the arc s.

Now I am not prepared to get lumbered with a product that quite obviously by the numerous reports of cracking is a design defect and it appears an effective remedy is not available.

I have been looking at

Compulsory Europe Wide 2 Year Warranty

EU wide 2 year compulsory warranty 1999/44/EC

http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/move/64/en.pdf

False advertising,not of satisfactory quality and not fit for purpose etc-European Wide

Directive 2005/29/EC or the “Unfair Commercial Practices Directive”

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2005:149:0022:0039:ENFace with stuck-out TongueDF

Now I would like to exchange my handset for a different model as a handset that cracks repeatedly is not of satisfactory quality and an effective repair seems unavailable.

I'm going to drop Sony an email and see what they would like to do for me, failing that I will consider legal advice.

One time poster
Message 355 of 381
Message 355 of 381

We need an urgent solution. Even I am considering a legal solution. Stupid sony cant fool people into buying their faulty products. We can get better products at a better rate but it was the loyalty towards the brand that tricked us into purchasing this faulty shit. Sorry Sony u have lost all ur credibility now.

Emperor
Message 356 of 381
Message 356 of 381

have you checked the "correct answer" on the first page?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 357 of 381
Message 357 of 381

Really someone should sue sony so that they won't make these **** mobiles with #$@! problems.I am still regreting after buying this mobile with my hard earned money.Just after over 3 montns cracks appeared near light sensor and at lowe left side of the phone.i am so disappointed and angry that if any sony employees comes near me,i will **** him/her to the dead.I have sweared no more  sony products in mu home.

One time poster
Message 358 of 381
Message 358 of 381

My sister's Arc S also has a noticeable crack... but what's the point of getting it "fixed" if the same happens in a few months? I can't believe she paid 300 pounds for this POS.

One time poster
Message 359 of 381
Message 359 of 381

Two of my friends wanted a sony phone. But after hearing my story and looking at my phone..they will never buy a sony phone..may be not even a sony product. F**k You Sony. Word of mouth is a great publicity tool. This would never have happened if you had made better phones. I know 2 is negligible to you at this time but I know it would matter at some point in time.

One time poster
Message 360 of 381
Message 360 of 381

Now i'm facing to replace my white arc s housing for a third time. I bought the phone 12.2011 and really i like the phone, but i think that the cracked housing is a leftover from arc, that they want to get rid of. ok. let's see what they think at this time. always the repaire has been free of charge. i'm looking for an option to change the phone, if possible.