account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia Arc housing cracks?

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 361 of 381
Message 361 of 381

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

My phone has the same problem, even two cracks at the sensor....Angry FaceAngry FaceAngry Face

Am2
One time poster
Message 362 of 381
Message 362 of 381

My phone has crack too..Is there any chance to fix it?Angry Face

Emperor
Message 363 of 381
Message 363 of 381

take it to a Sony Repair Center

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Am2
One time poster
Message 364 of 381
Message 364 of 381

How Can I find nearest sony repair in my contry...I live in Iran and dont think it hase any sony repair center Thinking Face

Emperor
Message 365 of 381
Message 365 of 381

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 366 of 381
Message 366 of 381

Yes. there is one. replace the phone, like i did. No sorry and bo sony,Smiling Face with Sunglasses

One time poster
Message 367 of 381
Message 367 of 381

I just discovered a crack on my arc s Slightly frowning Face
And if i send it to repair, it could take months due to my location...
Certainly not buying a sony again

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 368 of 381
Message 368 of 381

I have the same problem too, i'm gonna send it to service. :|

One time poster
Message 369 of 381
Message 369 of 381

My Sony Ericsson EXPERIA Arc S do have the same crack exactly as shown in the picture above and I don't have a clear idea as to how it'd happened.
Called the "bookstore" where I puchase the said unit and ask them for a housing replacement but the guy on the other line stressed that it is not covered by the warranty and suggested to me to call Sony Sevice Centre which I did.
And I was informed that it'll cost me about $110 US dollars for the said housing be replaced.
Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 370 of 381
Message 370 of 381

yes, and after you have paid your money and had your phone casing replaced, it will crack again in about 3 weeks.