account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Why can't I delete groups in "Phone Contacts"

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Why can't I delete groups in "Phone Contacts"

If I open the Contacts app on the phone and go to the "Groups" tab, at the very bottom of the list of groups I have in Google is a group of 3 under the heading "Phone contact". I can't seem to delete these groups. Any idea where they came from? I just did a total reset of my phone yesterday to remove about 20-30 groups called "My Contacts" which happily have gone but I'm not sure where these ones come from. The problem is that the contacts manager I usually use just lists all the groups, and as a result I get two groups labelled family when only one has entries. I don't want to have to keep two groups in sync. That will never work. How can I get rid of these ones?

Screenshot_2013-02-21-16-15-37-1.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why can't I delete groups in "Phone Contacts"

mdm/sir, you need to manage all your contacts at your Google account online, SIR!Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I alreadyt have these groups in Google with entries. These are duplicates, as I said above, which I can't see in Google and don't appear to be able to delete on the phone. Are they from the SIM?

Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Sorry about that, i mistaken it with the Google conatcts.

I am not sure if they are from SIM.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

These are the 3 default groups which are predefined in the phones software. As you use Google for contacts you will not be using these groups (they are for contacts stored as phone contacts).
From what i can see it's not possible to delete these 3 groups.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Actually, you can remove these predefined groups. It can be done in 3rd party phonebook apps, like this one.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thanks!