account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When will 4.0 be released to the 2011 Xperias? (Bad news, March 2012)

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 31 of 93
Message 31 of 93

Re: When will 4.0 be released to the 2011 Xperias? (Bad news, March 2012)

I got the Samsung Galaxt s2 - much better phone, better implemntation for updates. etc

Now to kill my sibscription to SE

After the obnoxious support staff I tried to talk to, I will NEVER never buy another phone from Sony Ericsson again.

BYE

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 32 of 93
Message 32 of 93

well Neo v got 2.3.4 update ahead of schedule .. i m sure all xperia's will get android 4.0 before march ... Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 33 of 93
Message 33 of 93

the update was released back in August (2.3.4) Dizzy Face so if you got it just now or October then not so much before schedule, although there had been few more updates on 2.3.4

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 34 of 93
Message 34 of 93

well actually i wasnt saying that i got the update early ..i got it in oct i guess

but there was an article on GSM then neo v get update ahead of schedule so thats  why i was saying Dizzy Face    

Forum Legend
Message 35 of 93
Message 35 of 93

it might January 2012 after all 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/11/28/sony-employee-claims-android-4-0-xperia-update-coming-1st-week-...

Sony employee claims Android 4.0 Xperia update coming 1st week of Jan 2012

So maybe what they meant was that the new Xperias will come with 4.0 in march and maybe ICS will be available on January for the current Xperias?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 36 of 93
Message 36 of 93

ICS update will hit the Xperia lineup in March 2012, Sony Ericsson confirms

We already knew that all 2011 Xperia phones will be getting an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, but until today there was no time frame for its release. Now, Sony Ericsson Italy came forward and shed some light on the matter.

gsmarena 001 ICS update will hit the Xperia lineup in March 2012, Sony Ericsson confirms

If you are an owner of some of the 11 Xperia phones eligible for an ICS update, you should be getting an update notification around March 2012.

Sony Ericsson also took the chance to take a dig at some of its Android competitors. The Facebook post that confirms the update rollout month also mentions that Sony Ericsson will be the only company to update their whole range of Android smartphones. Samsung was explicitly mentioned as the Koreans won’t be bringing ICS to Galaxy W, Ace and Mini.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/ics-update-will-hit-the-xperia-lineup-in-march-2012-sony-ericsson-confirms/

Forum Legend
Message 37 of 93
Message 37 of 93

did you checked the link above, that the ICS might be released on JANUARY 1ST

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 38 of 93
Message 38 of 93

yep i did :smileygrin:..i was happy but then after like half hour GSM arena posted the blog i just posted above

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 39 of 93
Message 39 of 93

now i am confused Anguished Face

Forum Legend
Message 40 of 93
Message 40 of 93

yeah that's why I said

maybe what they meant was that the new Xperias will come with 4.0 and will be available in march and maybe ICS will be available on January for the current Xperias?