account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When will 4.0 be released to the 2011 Xperias? (Bad news, March 2012)

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 51 of 93
Message 51 of 93

Re: When will 4.0 be released to the 2011 Xperias? (Bad news, March 2012)

Yes, but that depends on how the Image was built. if you go throught the source code you will be amazed how much things are in android. What I meant was a stock unmodifed source code. For sure most modders won't build the source code as it is. I am sure if you build your image you would have changed a lots of things too. But definitely Skinning like Touch Wiz and custom Apps also contribute a lot to the resource usage. Yeah I don't suppose SE will also build the Source as it is.Dizzy Face. SE's UXP also is much lighter than touch wiz or sense UI, not because SE is good at optimizing, but because SE gives just the bare minimum. Angry Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 52 of 93
Message 52 of 93

any1 speaks english here Anguished Face Anguished Face Anguished Face??

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 53 of 93
Message 53 of 93

There has been some (more than usual) speculation on this. Here is our "Final Answer" Winking Face

We will get back with more detailed information regarding timing in due course and any official Sony Ericsson communication regarding software upgrades will be published on  http://blogs.sonyericsson.com

Most of you know by now, the Product Blog is THE source for information, keep that in mind when you see this rumours.

(I will mark this answer as correct, so it appears at the top, feel free to continue the discussion)

Forum Legend
Message 54 of 93
Message 54 of 93

thanx Martha

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 55 of 93
Message 55 of 93

finally i found some1 who speaks english here :smileygrin: .. thanks alot martha Winking Face

One time poster
Message 56 of 93
Message 56 of 93

I look at it this way:

When will the next major full new version of Android be released after ICS?

2 years?

So if I get ICS within the first 5-6 months after release and ICS is so awesome it'll make me wet my pants... and I get to use it for 18+/- months before I have to worry about when the next version comes out and then get to read again about how impatient some people are for that new version to be released... I'm happy to get ICS in March, February, January... whatever!!!  Lol... Some people can relate to what I've already been through to get as far as I've come today to afford all this raw awesome technology... I'm starting a new job soon after being unemployed for 3 years and I've lived on hand-me-down and refurbs that long so hopefully I'll be able to afford to keep up with the new tech in the coming years... we the people are on the verge of a new technology EXPLOSION that'll knock your socks off, but it'll be more in the form of software than hardware... watch and see.

Forum Legend
Message 57 of 93
Message 57 of 93

we need that SE doesn't just support the phone "up to" 2 years but really support the phone "at least" 2 years

One time poster
Message 58 of 93
Message 58 of 93

I would prefer to see a stock ICS release for the 2011 Xperia range for "technical users", which has full phone hardware support, but none of the Xperia software features.  This can be followed up later as a OTA update for all users.

Why?

Getting it out quickly is good PR, and it keeps your technical users happy

Allows SE to get feedback on their BASE OS, whilst working on the other stuff.

Forum Legend
Message 59 of 93
Message 59 of 93

I agree, I rather have a vanilla android version than a ICS w/ SE UIX that will be full of bugs or acting up like the current UIX on the first and second Xperia generation.

I think it can be done, since ICS it's different, ALL pre-installed apps can be deleted now, so SE should offer the launcher, and other widgets through the market instead of forcing users to deal with them

One time poster
Message 60 of 93
Message 60 of 93

It would certainly be a HUGE product differentiator, release the all the updates as vanilla, and then have a Sony UI enabler that downloads and installs whatever components of the Sony UI you want.

Personally I don't use, nor do I want SE Timescape UI, I'm much happer using Go Launcher EX.   I bought the Arc S because of it's great hardware, not it's great software.