account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Unable to open Vcard Files, VCF.

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Unable to open Vcard Files, VCF.

My handset seems to have asigned v card (vcf) files to the office reader and when trying to open them, it just opens up as text, rather than installing them to the contacts.

Another thing i have noticed, is that going into contact and pressing the menu key, i have no option to back up, or import contacts as these are greyed out, unusable.

Any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Unable to open Vcard Files, VCF.

Ended up having to do a full reset on the phone, contact back up, etc are all showing and working now.

Only problem now is, when the handset initially started up the old "Market" icon was showing.  Going into the Market, it showed all the apps i had purchased etc, then it updated its self to the Newer "Google Play" and now my purchased apps are no longer showing?

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Master
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

for storing contacts foo vcf you have to use the import button.

select filter after pressing the menu key and under phone contacts make sure all contacts is ticked and the first 2 options ( contacts with phone numbers and online contacts ) untick them.

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yes, these are all checked etc but still only allowing to "Delete Contacts" the other 3 Import, Send & Back Up Contacts all Greyed Out, Unusable for some strange reason.  First time for this??

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Ended up having to do a full reset on the phone, contact back up, etc are all showing and working now.

Only problem now is, when the handset initially started up the old "Market" icon was showing.  Going into the Market, it showed all the apps i had purchased etc, then it updated its self to the Newer "Google Play" and now my purchased apps are no longer showing?

Any ideas?

Master
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

great that you solved the problem yourself Slightly smiling Face

and regarding play store. i don't have any idea. please check with the android market \ play store community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks SS.

Thats not a fix in my book, lol.

Anything that involves doing a hard reset is a right Royal pain in the behind, as you've to start from dot again.  Nearly as bad as re formatting a PC and spending the hours re installing all the peripherals and drivers, lol.

Master
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

i agree Slightly smiling Face i want to downgrade to 4.03 so that i can root but won't do it just beacuse i cannot start again from scratch. even if i backup , restoring is real pain.