account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i, Fast battery drain.

Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i, Fast battery drain.

Hello

My Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i was running fine until about 2 weeks ago when all of a sudden the battery began to drain significantly faster than normal even when on stand by or in aeroplane mode, roughly lasting 2-3 hours. I have since purchased a new original battery and have also restored the phone to it's factory reset both of which have offered no resolution. I believe it could be possibly down to the charging IC on motherboard or the flash chip? Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i, Fast battery drain.

Restart your phone on flashmode and check if the problem persist 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks uli but this option is not available on the sony ericsson arc s?? any other ideas

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Of course it does work,check the option for GB.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I finally got the phone into safe mode by repeatadly pressing the right button as the phone is booting up. The battery problem does not continue and I am getting average battery use. This is a great help as obviously it's a software issue? I have already put it back to factory restore which deleted all the apps ect. but it still persisted so is it the actual android software that could be causing this drain?

Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Yes,if you say you resetted to factory settings,that means no 3rd party app involved.Only if you restore some,than it could be related.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Thanks, I also noticed that the battery goes from around 30% to 1% in a very short space of time around 5-10 minutes. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? I dunno wether to try and install a new charging IC onto the motherboard as I read somewhere else this could be the problem but I am unaware of any tutorials on it's installation. Thanks for your help guys.

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I am not good with electronics,you should try and contact a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi

I'm having some similar issues, I only have about 4h battery life. I replaced my battery with a new one but still it drains like **bleep**. I have turned everything off(Wifi, data, bluetooth,...) I'm not running any apllications i just leave my phone for 4h and its dead. I'm running 4.0.4 android with kernel verion 2.6.32.9-perf, the build number is 4.1.B.0.587. Could this be a problem? I tried a factory reset but that didn't solved either. And also when I charge it, it becomes very hot on the right upper corner next to my SD card.

Thx!

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

The same problem here.
Flashed different roms with different kernels and battery drains in few hours. CPU area is constantly hot.

I guess our phones had broken.

Spoiler
Slightly frowning Face