account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) keeps on restarting itself (reboot loop)

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) keeps on restarting itself (reboot loop)

Hi, my Sony Xperia A2 keeps freezing then rebooting itself, and then this afternoon it was in a continuous re starting loop and didn't restart for about 5 mins. What can I do? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) keeps on restarting itself (reboot loop)

Hi @Ecomum, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

In the subject you have mentioned that you experience this with an Xperia Arc, but in the text it says Xperia A2, would it be possible for you to get back to me with which phone model that you have?

You can try and remove the SIM and SD cards from the device, as this can cause the device to restart over and over and this applies to any of our phone models.

Thank you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi, my phone is an Xperia A2. I have taken out the SD card and swapped it for one with a larger memory as it was nearing being full. This seems to have solved the problem. Thank you for the help and advice. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @Ecomum and that is fantastic news!

If you want to do some more troubleshooting, you can format your old SD card after backing up all the data from it and use it in device and see if it continues to restart, just so we can see if it is the SD card that is causing this even when it's empty. I do understand that you most likely just want to continue using the device with your new SD card, but it can be good to test it, in case you need to use the other SD card for something later on.

Have a fantastic Thursday! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.