account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) keeps on restarting itself (reboot loop)

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 51
Message 11 of 51

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) keeps on restarting itself (reboot loop)

that's odd, it could be an app acting up

remove any of the following apps, you don't need them

taskillers

task managers

antivirus

ram apps

booster apps

battery apps

also which android version and build number do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 12 of 51
Message 12 of 51

i have none except an avg antivirus. .should i remove it? It has this anti-theft thingy so i keep it. .just in case I lose sight of my phone lol.

thanks again! big help mate!

i have an android version of 4.0 ICS I upgraded it last year. do you think I need to downgrade my android? That would s*ck bigtime :/

Build #: 4.1.B.0.431

Message was edited by: JChris

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 51
Message 13 of 51

found an interesting topic regarding this bluetooth reboot loop problem. .although it seems to be an awful issue Slightly frowning Face why sony why? Slightly frowning Face

here's the link: http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/101725

Emperor
Message 14 of 51
Message 14 of 51

you should remove it, try to use this instead for antitheft

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/02/18/my-xperia-leaked-now-available-to-download-for-all/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 15 of 51
Message 15 of 51

I don't have that issue with my Xperia Arc, or at least I didn't, I did downgrade it to GB as its a lot faster

Emperor
Message 16 of 51
Message 16 of 51

if you want to downgrade

how to manually downgrade, update, root

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38251

One time poster
Message 17 of 51
Message 17 of 51

thanks! big help mate! maybe ill be downgrading afterall. .hope i don't ruin anything in the system along the process of doing so. haha thanks!

Emperor
Message 18 of 51
Message 18 of 51

make sure to backup your current firmware (all the info is on the link) and if something goes wrong you can re-start the whole process all over again

One time poster
Message 19 of 51
Message 19 of 51

yep! thanks! big help! will keenly follow every instructions given. lol best hopes! Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 20 of 51
Message 20 of 51

anytime