account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Screen becomes black after released calls

SOLVED
eff
One time poster
Message 11 of 11
Message 11 of 11

Screen becomes black after calls

My xperia arc is going black after I have received a call.  When the call ends the screen goes black but there are 2 little lights either side of the home button.  The only way to get the phone going again is to remove the battery and restart it all.  

Mty software says it's up to date. 

I looked at solutions on here and, because I'm not very technical, I tried the easiest solution first - "turn off auto rotate". 

Bizarrely this works.  

I can live without it , but is there any way I can have autororate back again?  I assume it's a software problem or something?  I'm hopeless at doing anything technical to my phone!

I also have a problem with phone memory but I'll post that separately!