account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

SE community app needed

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SE community app needed

Hello :smileygrin: hehehehe,....

Again another thread here ... So.. What would it be like to have an android app to connect with the vibrant SE community here. I could do it myself but time is not what I have a lot and plus I would not know how to connect to the account server here and of course SE would not share the details how to ...

Here are my thoughts ... Instead of bundling stupid apps like hotshots which had its run BTW, and creating apps like SE insider... yes insider why not create an app to connect to the server here. One of the biggest advantages I could see is that

- A new user can create an account and discover help and solutions instantly.

- The community can be alerted of new questions instantly by tickers or new post count when the app is running and can respond instantly.

- Instead of the users being disappointed and calling the SE customer care the user could directly stark posting and get answers right away.

- sharing of new things can be done

- broadcasts and other things, app reviews, games especially for Play users

- game and tactics for play users would keep the community tightly integrated just like the various XBOX and PS forums there.

I remember SE had a big community in esato and zedge... where has all of that gone. I am sure if SE tried to make things easier to connect between the users the experience between SE customers would be much better. Anyone using the T610 back in the day and connecting with esato would know that.

Now we have Android which is frankly offers so much of features that may be extensive for the average user to discover. With a tight integration with the community everybody could discover and make use of the best of the SE Android smartphone.

These are some initial thoughts ... care to add a few of your own and to the SE chaps maybe bundle such a thing instead of some apps like hotshots or insider etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SE community app needed

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Slightly smiling Face

I'll make sure your comments are passed on to the correct department for you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

The XDA chaps have an app of their own which connect to their community... :smileygrin: . Kinda cool ... why not SE ..?

The default webkit browser cannot even post to this forum ...

Genius
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Slightly smiling Face

I'll make sure your comments are passed on to the correct department for you.