account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problems with LT15i - internal memory and apps on homescreen

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Problems with LT15i - internal memory and apps on homescreen

I have an Arc/LT15i, still running droid ver.2.3.4. I have owned it since new and bought it unlocked, in June 2011.

I have been having recurring problems with the internal memory filling up over time. I've removed every app that I can from the internal memory, either by shifting it to the SD card or by uninstalling it, but over time the memory inexorably fills up, even after clearing the cache. Eventually I can't use the gmail or update any apps and I have to return the phone to factory settings using the Sony PC companion.

I also have a problem with the apps on the homescreen. Often, after re-starting the phone or after it has been connected to my PC I find all the apps that are stored on the SD card have been removed from the homescreens, leaving only those that are installed on internal memory.

Anyone else having these problems? Will the upgrade to ICS, if and when it ever arrives for LT15is, solve them?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problems with LT15i - internal memory and apps on homescreen

The memory management is better in ICS and I have not noticed any body having the problem with shortcuts for app's installed on SD on ICS either, so I suggest that you await your ICS update.

One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the answer Johan but it looks like I'm going to be denied ICS (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/305454#305454).

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi ,

When You did mention memory management, couple of things you can do easily

1. Each apps builds up cache + data over time. To be noticed that each app generated a lot more data than cache.. I would suggest you clear off the data and cache .. i have over 100 mb free of internal storage. all u need to do is go to each app and clear off data as well.

2. Memory on the other hand is annoying as the xperia arc has only 320 mb of memory

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Thank you for your advice Jijo87, but as I said in my post, I continue to clear my cache regularly. It does not solve the problem. I have no apps installed to my phone memory beyond what comes pre-installed with the phone and cannot be removed. Still, the memory continues to fill.

Upgrading to ICS might help, but it seems that despite initially promising this for 2011 xperia phones, Sony will not now be releasing this for LT15i, without explaination (see above link).

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

please listen..

Its not about the cache ... what im talking about is !!!data!!! . Every app installed/pre installed with phone stores information apart from cache as data.. I have a lot of apps and i still have around 110 mb free!!!... Suppose on ur apps installed on ur sd card.. if u choose a particular application.. u will find an option to clear data.. for example.. Facebook stores data upto 30 mb... if u clear that every week or two its fine... try it and get back to me..and pre installed sony apps also stores a lot of data (not cache).. if u clear those as well. u end up get more internal space...

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Ok, I've had a look and cleared a few things. I'll see if it makes the difference. Thanks again for the advice.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

it says that if u delete data all settings and accounts will be deleted.does this mean u lose everything for ...say facebook???

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

You lose history on facebook,your acccount cookies(you need to login again).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Same like all pupils