account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem with updating phone to 4.1.B.0.431

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Problem with updating phone to 4.1.B.0.431

Today I've got a message that I can update my Xperia arc S to new version of software. I plugged it to computer and launched Sony PC Companion. When I started updating it, I've got an error which said that I can't update it. What is going on? Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Problem with updating phone to 4.1.B.0.431

update your phone with this..

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service

this is an official sony software so don't worry..

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

update your phone with this..

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service

this is an official sony software so don't worry..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Ok, it works. Thanks!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I updated my Arc S to build number 4.1.b.0.431 , my LED doesnt blink anymore when i recieve text messages. is it part of the update? could you provide me with changelogs thanks.

Master
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

great Slightly smiling Face

Master
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

there are other threads for the same topic please search the community about the same.

Lin
Visitor
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I've also experienced problem with update. So, can you explain to me what the difference between PC Companion, SEUS and this Update service. Can update service also solve my problem? (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/240310#240310)

Master
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

SEUS = SUS = Sony update service.

there's not much difference , with pc companion you can do some extra things but update service is exclusively for software updates.

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Guys I've got a problem here.... I upgraded my Xperia Arc S yeaterday to the official ICS 4.1.B.0.431 drom the official Gingerbread 2.3.4. After the upgrade, everything seems to works fine, faster and smoother, apart from one bug. I'm not able to download any single thing on the phone, either from the Play Store or the browser. I'm seriously troubled with this because i cannot download my favourite apps and files. I've tried doing the hard reset a couple of times, cleared the cache (play store and browser), logged in through a new Google account, but nothing helped.....

Pleeeeeeeease help me out!!!:oops:

Lin
Visitor
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

So, are you suggesting that 4.0.4 is faster than 4.0.3. You should at least wait and see for a week to see whether the download works. The new OS and the phone will have to settle and this may take time. As for me, I haven't tried 4.1.B.0.431 yet, so someone who has already updated can give you a better answer.