account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem with sync... :(

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Problem with sync... :(

Hi all!

I heard about the new google sync service and that SE is throwing away the Sony Erricson sync service and whenever backed up my contacts to the memory card and wanna import them to the google account, it searches for the vCard data on the memory card then the phone book would force close. And also, everytime i sync my sony erricson account, it would say it has and invalid server address. And I couldnt find any of my contacts on the Sony ericsson webpage when i log in. someone please help me! I am not gonna lose my contacts for the 3rd time! Slightly frowning Face

I have an Xperia arc running on android 2.3.4 not modified/rooted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with sync... :(

open your phonebook

press MENU button -> tap on Send Contacts -> select all -> send it to your email

on your computer

-> download the file -> go to your gmail -> click on contacts -> click on more actions -> on the drop down menu click on "import" -> choose the file -> and click import

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

open your phonebook

press MENU button -> tap on Send Contacts -> select all -> send it to your email

on your computer

-> download the file -> go to your gmail -> click on contacts -> click on more actions -> on the drop down menu click on "import" -> choose the file -> and click import

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

you can also use

My Phone Explorer

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&hl=en

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

don't forget to mark the Correct & Helpful Answers

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

yay thank you! Smiling Face with Sunglasses

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

and after importing what do i do? Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

on your phone

settings -> accounts & sync -> google -> make sure contacts its selected

phonebook -> MENU -> filter -> google (uncheck the rest)

done

Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Why do changes on my Google calendar on my computer show up on my phone but not the other way around?

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I am using the Google app so I would think it would sync